Felix is hiring a Chief Operating Officer (COO).
We are a venture firm for the Creative Class, operating at the intersection of technology and creativity, with a vision to empower digital lifestyles. We support ambitious entrepreneurs building brands and businesses that shape our culture and have a positive impact on the world.
Established in 2015 in London, Felix Capital (“Felix”) has three generations of funds under management (totalling c. $600m), with a very strong performance to date. This amount will continue to grow as we add new funds in line with our thematic strategy investing both at early and growth stage. With a team of 11 (including 7 investors), a growing portfolio (c. 40 companies across Europe and North America), and an expanding, global, investor base, we are excited to add a new senior appointment to the team. This critical hire will help facilitate our growth, improve our operating processes, engage with our stakeholders and effectively manage strategic projects, including fundraising.
We are looking for a talented professional who loves people, projects, and connecting constituents to organisational missions. Passionate about entrepreneurship and the companies operating in our core focus of Digital Lifestyle, you will thrive working in a high growth, fast-paced, demanding environment, in this multi-faceted, senior role.
We commit to diversity, equity, and inclusion while building our team.
- Optimise the Felix platform, coordinating resources, people, and processes, taking the lead on non-investment activity
- Create positive change and facilitate productivity with clear direction and accountability
- Help shape organisational design and lead high impact initiatives to reinforce a culture of excellence
- Build long-lasting relationships with investors (both new and existing), owning the critical fundraising project, and spearheading the AGM
- Further develop “Felix for Good” initiatives including ESG, sustainability, diversity, and charity affiliations
- Proactively lead PR, Media, and Events, representing Felix online and offline
- Support and cultivate our Portfolio Community
- Attend and contribute to Felix’s Investment Committee discussions regarding new and existing investments
- Work very closely with the founders, helping shape the organisation for continued success
- Operations/Strategy/Project Management experience from a successful start-up or digital business, potentially combined with time spent in Strategy Consulting or Finance
- Extremely organised, high sense of prioritization and a strong sense of ownership
- Solution-driven, a doer, knows how to move things forward
- High EQ, low ego. Manages through influence, a tactful communicator, earns trust quickly
- Highly motivated, proactive and works at pace
- Adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity
- Intellectually curious. Seeks to understand the grey areas
- Good energy. Stays positive. Fun, even when the tasks are not
If you join us, we aim to provide you with
- The opportunity to grow the role in parallel with the ambitious growth plans of the Felix organisation, through the next 5 years and beyond
- Full access and inclusivity in the Felix platform and unique culture as outlined in our Manifesto
- An Owner not Employee dynamic, with a remuneration structure and an influence on the business to reflect this
To apply, or discuss further, please contact